Born and raised in Los Angeles, I earned my BA in Communication Studies with dual minors in Cognitive Science and Anthropology from UCLA.
In 2018, I left the United States for a master's in Sustainable Urbanism at the world-leading Bartlett School of Planning at UCL. In planning school, I saw the world with new eyes. I began seeing what is and what can be: the two-way interaction between people and their environment, between internal and external systems and structures. I saw third spaces as a leverage point -- areas where people meet and interact outside of home and work that can be used to catalyze participation in meaningful projects and connect in meaningful ways.
From here, I made the leap to social-ecological systems transformation. In 2020 I built a non-profit in Berlin based on connection to self, other, purpose, and planet as another way to engage with climate action. I hold spaces where people can come together to alchemize difficult emotions, process collective trauma and integrate new ways of knowing, being, and doing in the world. I am currently exploring how we can bring in the intelligence of the body and collective awareness to move beyond the barriers currently blocking our path to climate action. I am also curious about how we might integrate creativity-based or "soft" approaches to managing the difficult challenges of our times, from art therapy to meditation and imagination. Can we come from beauty and joy, rather than fear? How do we practice using compassion, empathy and our shared humanity to "stay with the trouble"?
As a facilitator, I work with several modalities and frameworks including eco-spirituality and climate psychology, deep listening, Art of Hosting, the Work that Reconnects, system sensing (Theory U), systems thinking, and embodiment practices.
I am a dancer, contemplative activist, and urbanist-in-residence at Life Itself Berlin, an intentional community exploring wiser and weller ways of living.
Founder and Program Director, Climate Action Community (CAC)
October 2020 - Present
We transform systems and we transform ourselves.
Climate Action Community endeavors to enable a collective transformation from climate anxiety to climate action through a community of practice.
Get in on the action at climateaction.community and @climateaction.berlin
Project Manager & Sustainability Educator, PPL PWR
February 2019 - Present
Combining my communications background with my interest in renewables and sustainability, I work with PPL PWR to deliver outreach and educational programming to students, residents, and festival-goers across London.
• Royal Academy of Engineering-sponsored renewable energy tech workshop series delivered to students in East London
• Developed internal "Knowledge Base" to facilitate knowledge sharing and engagement
• Facilitating creation of workshop series
• Guest Speaker: "Community Energy Projects" via RUSS (Rural Urban Synthesis Society)
• Guest Speaker: "The Future of Sustainability - NOW" via Essence Global
• COP26 Pupil Power Roadshow Co-Lead
MSc Sustainable Urbanism with Merit, UCL
September 2018 - September 2019
Courses in Sustainable Urban Design, Sustainable Urban Development, Property Valuation, Political Economy of Energy and Climate Change. Focus on integrated urban systems, systems thinking, climate change, and urban metabolism.
Thesis: Food Waste as a Resource: Opportunities for Urban Symbiosis on UCL's Campus
Two projects selected for Exhibition:
• WaterFood Station: Sustainable urban food system to address food deserts
• Connected Vasjon: Sustainable urban development proposal for a municipality in Sweden
Board Member pro tem, Young Professionals in Transportation Los Angeles
February 2018 - August 2018
I was selected as the pro tem Membership and Sponsorship chair of the Los Angeles chapter of YPT, helping to grow the organization.
• Built new website at yptlosangeles.org
• External marketing and outreach via networking events and online presence.
• Focus on membership growth, and development of sponsorship packages.
• Toured local infrastructure projects with YPT members, including The Boring Company site, Metro Regional Connector project.
Project Officer: Expansion Lead & Community Outreach, CycleHop Bike Share
May 2016 - August 2018
I worked with municipalities, community orgs, and key stakeholders in the US and Canada to develop and deliver bike share programs and marketing services.
• Integrating existing bike share systems for LA’s first integrated regional bike share network - Bike Share Connect.
• Coordinated with municipalities to implement world's first dockless bike parking zones
• Worked alongside CTO and CEO to develop go-to-market strategy for new dockless system (HOPR).
• Launched first HOPR dockless bike share system in Chicago, IL (project planning, procurement, installation, marketing).
• Oversaw bike share program development in cities of Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Long Beach, Cleveland, Ottawa, Louisville, Chicago, and UCLA.
• Project management and promotion of various programs aimed at sustainable urban mobility, such as equity programs and Bike Share for Businesses.